Egg Donation Process
Become a Surrogate
Connect with Us
Begin Your Egg Donation Process
The Greatest Gift You Could Ever Give
Wanting to be an egg donor is one of the greatest gifts you could ever give someone. This gift you are about to give is a miracle waiting to happen. It is kindness beyond expression. Creative Love works with couples that have infertility issues that have lead them to egg donation, same sex couples or individuals who cannot create their families without the assistance of an egg donor. The decision to become an egg donor is an important one, and not one to be made solely for financial gain. To become an egg donor you do not have to have children. Your Body Mass Index “must” be in line for your height and weight. Having undergone a tubal ligation or an abortion in the past does not interfere with you becoming an egg donor. What’s important is that you must be committed to the entire egg donation process and be able to demonstrate integrity and dependability throughout your egg donation cycle.
Before getting started with the egg donation process you will need to submit an egg donor application online with us and pass an in depth interview with us. Supporting documentation will be requested of you in regards to SAT, ACT and grades. Intended parents want to know that everything possible has been done to ensure that the donor that they select is indeed the person she has represented herself to be. After you have passed all the application screening with us then you are added to our password protected donor database. Intended parents will look at this database to choose a donor. Please only accept a match with an intended parent if you are 100% committed to the whole process and time frame. The doctor and the intended parents are relying on you to be responsible in following all directions given to you by both the IVF clinic and the doctor.
The first step to the egg donation process is going thru the screening process to assure that you can be a donor. This first screening is typically completed on the 2nd or 3rd day of your menstrual cycle. The following test are completed, FSH, E2, AMH and a transvaginal ultrasound to look at your ovaries as well as to get a count of your resting Antral Follicles. After passing this screening you then move onto your full one day work-up at the intended parents IVF clinic. This screening process entails blood tests to test you for STDs, Hormone Levels, and Genetic Diseases. A trans-vaginal ultrasound will be conducted again to assure that your ovaries, cervix, uterus, etc. look good and healthy. You will have a psychological evaluation prior to this appointment. You will have to take a drug test. All of the screening for Day 2/3 testing can be conducted at a local clinic near you. For your one day work-up you will be required to be screened at the intended parents clinic. If this is the case, we will arrange for you to travel for 1-2 days to have these tests completed. The intended parents are responsible for these travel expenses.
After the eggs are retrieved they are combined with the Intended Father’s sperm or donor sperm and later implanted into the intended mother’s or surrogate’s uterus. Embryo transfers can be from 2, 3 or 5 days after retrieval.
The donor will usually stay in the fertility clinic for 1-2 hours to recover and then is released and sent home. You will not be able to drive so a companion will be necessary. You will likely go home and rest for the remainder of the day. You may experience cramping or light bleeding. You will be advised to monitor weight, abdominal girth and discomfort symptoms and call the IVF clinic if you do not feel well. 98% of donors usually return to work or school the day after surgery. The other 2% are back to work and school the 2nd day. Your next period will be within 2 weeks after retrieval and at that time you can resume contraception of choice. This period is likely to be heavier than normal.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT CREATIVE LOVE.
IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE EGG DONATION PROCESS, OUR SURROGATE MOTHER PROGRAM OR OUR AGENCY IN GENERAL, CONTACT CREATIVE LOVE.