Surrogate Mother Requirements
Connect with Us
Requirements To Become A Surrogate Mother
Becoming a Surrogate Mother
At Creative Love, our primary goal is to offer unwavering support and advocacy throughout your journey as a surrogate mother. We understand that surrogacy involves not only physical commitment but also emotional and mental dedication. Our approach is designed to relieve you of additional stressors so you can focus on what truly matters: achieving a healthy and successful pregnancy. Your journey with us begins with an introduction to Amanda Vazquez, our surrogate mother in-take coordinator. Having been a surrogate mother herself, Amanda brings firsthand experience and understanding to her role. She serves as your initial liaison with our agency, providing comprehensive education on the myriad aspects and requirements of becoming a surrogate mother. With a deep understanding of the intricacies involved, Amanda is well-equipped to answer your questions and address any concerns you may have.
Beyond your initial orientation, you will also be partnered with a cycle coordinator whose role is pivotal throughout the different phases of your surrogacy experience. This individual is trained to offer you continuous, personalized support. They will be your go-to resource for any questions or uncertainties that may arise, available to you at any time. Furthermore, the coordinator assists with the medical elements of the surrogacy, working closely with healthcare providers to ensure that you are well-informed and prepared for each medical milestone. The coordinator also oversees the legal contract phase, helping to make sure your rights are thoroughly safeguarded. This includes confirming that you have appropriate insurance coverage, ensuring that all logistical details are managed proficiently. Our aim is to make your journey as a surrogate as smooth and fulfilling as possible.
How To Become A Surrogate Mother?
Thank you for taking the first step to helping a couple or individual realize their dream of having a family. Please review the surrogacy requirements below. Surrogates are accepted into our program based on the following qualifications.
Surrogacy laws vary by state. Creative Love only works with surrogates who live in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.
Please contact us to learn more about surrogacy laws in your state.
Surrogate Mother Requirements
- Be between the age of 21-40 years old
- Must reside in a surrogate-friendly state
- Enjoyed your pregnancy!
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Have experienced a full-term pregnancy and delivery
- You have not deliveries prior to 35 weeks (unless they were twins or more)
- Have given birth to a child of your own and raising that child
- Have had uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries
- No more than 2 previous c-sections
- No more than 4 or more pregnancies
- Provide medical records from OB/GYN for last 7 years of pregnancies and clearance letter approving you as a surrogate
- Be height-weight proportionate (BMI must be under 32)
- You must have a stable residence and lifestyle. Not be planning to move out of the state, from the time you submit your application until after the delivery of the child
- Have the support of your spouse, partner , friends, or family members.
- Be willing to adhere to all contractual obligations throughout the process
- You are not receiving any kind of government assistance. (including food stamps, cash assistance, housing, and insurance benefits)
- Surrogate and partner (when applicable) must agree to psychological testing
- You and your partner (when applicable) are able to pass our though criminal background check which includes sexual offender registry
- Be willing to take medications via injection, pill, patches ( instructed by RE)
- Not smoke (stopped for a minimum of 2 year) or take illegal drugs, or be exposed to second hand smoke
- Be willing to refrain from alcohol throughout the medical process and pregnancy
- Be willing to be medically tested for STD’s and drugs
- Not have any psychiatric illness or take medications for depression or anxiety
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel to Dr’s appointments
- Must be financially sound
- Complete a extensive interview with the agency
- Complete a home visit from a representative of the agency
- Complete a current pap smear if not current.
- Complete a psychological evaluation with a PhD psychologist. (your spouse or partner is required to attend).
- Submit past birthing records (past 7 years only).
- Complete a background check search by your name and SSN. This is conducted on both a federal and state criminal records, as well as residential history. (spouse or partner is required to complete a background check)