If you are interested in becoming an egg donor one of the questions you might have is “how much do egg donors make?” In today’s blog we will cover the topic of egg donor compensation and also go into other expenses/reimbursements that are would be paid to you as an egg donor.
What is the egg donor compensation in Florida?
Compensation for egg donation can vary from one agency to another. At Creative Love Egg Donor and Surrogacy Agency we follow the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) Ethics Committee Guidelines governing the payment of egg donors, allowing our egg donors to be paid a competitive compensation for their donation.
With that said, by working with Creative Love, first-time egg donors can receive compensation starting at $8,000+ upon completion of their egg donor responsibilities. This fee will increase with subsequent cycle and is given as a compensated reward for your time, effort and dedication.
What other expenses/fees are covered/reimbursed to the egg donor?
In addition to the egg donor compensation, there are a number of others expenses that will be covered by the intended parent. The type of expenses covered depends on if the egg donation cycle is done in-state or out-of-state, as out-of-state cycles will incur additional costs to the intended parent. Below we have listed what these expenses are and how they apply (all covered by the intended parents):
In-state cycle expenses covered by the intended parent
- Gas allowance – egg donors will only be reimbursed for gas if they drive in excess of 75 miles one way from their home to the doctor’s office.
- If you have an early morning egg retrieval the intended parents will cover the cost of a hotel room for the night before.
Out-of-state cycle expenses covered by the intended parent
- Airline ticket for you and a companion
- Hotel accommodations for you and your companion
- Rental car (if companion is 25 years or older and have a valid credit card / rental car will be reimbursed). If the travel companion is under 25, or unable to rent a car, you will be given money for Uber or another form of transportation.
- $150/per day per diem for you and your companion for food
If you would like to learn more about the compensation and/or legal details related to becoming an egg donor, we welcome you to read more by clicking this link to view our donor compensation page. If you are interested in becoming an egg donor and would like to start the process today, we welcome you to complete our donor application.