How Much Do Surrogates Get Paid in Florida?
After making the decision to become a surrogate mother, one of the first questions we usually hear is “how much do surrogates get paid?” In today’s blog we are going to discuss surrogate compensation and go over the other fees that get paid to surrogate mothers throughout their surrogacy journey.
Surrogate base compensation in Florida
Surrogate mothers working with a surrogacy agency usually will receive a “base compensation” for being a surrogate. The base compensation is based on a number of factors, including if the surrogate is a first-time surrogate or experienced surrogate. For surrogate mothers in Florida, when working with a surrogacy agency you can expect a base compensation between $25,000 to $40,000, depending on the factors.
At Creative Love Egg Donor & Surrogacy Agency we follow the legal gestational surrogacy statue that clearly states, “compensation to a gestational carrier should be within reason”. This is just a guideline for surrogacy compensation. This allows our surrogacy agency to offer some of the highest base compensation in the state of Florida. At Creative Love our first-time surrogate compensation package starts with a base of $40,000.00 +.
Additional compensation for surrogate mothers
In addition to the base compensation, some surrogacy agencies may also offer additional compensation to the surrogate mother. At Creative Love we offer additional compensation throughout your surrogacy journey, including the below:
- Monthly Allowance – $300/mo (12 months or longer)
- Start of Medication – $750
- Transfer Fee – $750
- Maternity Clothing Allowance (given at 12 weeks) – $800/$1,000 (singleton/twin pregnancy)
- Post Delivery – Net-lost-wages and/or childcare/housekeeping
- Life Insurance ($500,000 policy) – Covered by Creative Love
- Loss of Reproductive Organ Policy (paid directly to surrogate mother, $10,000.00)
- Psychological Support – As needed
In addition to the above compensation, Creative Love Egg Donor & Surrogacy Agency will also provide the below compensation for applicable journeys:
- Twin Pregnancy – $5,000
- Selective Reduction – $1,500
- C-Section – $2,500-$4,000
- Drop Cycle Fee – $500
- Invasive Procedure Fee – $1,500
- Loss of Reproductive Organ (fallopian tube, uterus) – Insurance policy pays surrogate mother
- Bed Rest Fee (doctor ordered / covers net-lost wages and/or childcare/housekeeping) – TBD
- Pumping Breast Milks – $300/week
As you can see above, by working with premier surrogacy agencies such as Creative Love, you are compensated for a wide range of factors beyond just your base compensation.
How to find out your exact surrogacy compensation
To find out the exact amount of your compensation, from base compensation for your surrogacy journey to additional fees, we welcome you to fill out a surrogate application. From there, one of our surrogacy specialists will be in touch to go over all of your questions, from base compensation to other questions you might have in relation to your surrogacy journey.
You can start your surrogacy application by clicking here and we look forward to speaking with you shortly after.Return to Blog